Welcome to The Joint - Raleigh, Six Forks! As your local chiropractor in Raleigh, NC, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Raleigh chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Jeremy Broadhead
Dr. Jeremy Broadhead grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada, and graduated from Brigham Young University in 2005. His fascination with the miracles of the human body led him to the prestigious Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas, where he earned his doctorate in 2009. He has witnessed chiropractic care change many lives, and he has a driving passion to bring its benefits to everyone.
“Quality of life is so much better with regular chiropractic adjustments,” he said, “and The Joint offers the best care available.”
Dr. Broadhead enjoys quality time with his wonderful wife, Hayley, and their two Shih Tzus. He also loves hiking. Fluent in French, Dr. Broadhead’s new adventure is tackling Spanish! When he’s not standing over the adjustment tables, you can find him at the movies or picking his banjo.
Dr. Broadhead invites you to share your health goals with him, and allow The Joint to contribute to your wellness.
Dr. Rose Boyd
Dr. Rose Boyd has been treating patients from age 0-80 for the past eight years. Watching her patients feel better quickly never gets old. She is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic and holds the 2007 Clinical Excellence award.
She loves watching patients notice better health along their spine, but also in areas they didn’t expect chiropractic to help (migraines, digestive issues, sleep, sports performance). Dr. Boyd interned under a pediatric and pregnancy chiropractor in Minneapolis Minnesota, and enjoys helping infants, kids and moms feel their best.
“I’m happy to be a part of a place that can offer great chiropractic adjustments at a price that is affordable so that more people can experience the benefits of consistent care- that’s what our model is all about,” said Dr. Boyd.
Outside The Joint, Dr. Boyd enjoys running, hiking, cooking, and spending time with her husband, John, and 11 month old son, Ryan. She was a big fan of naps, before the baby.
Dr. Alice Mellow
Dr. Mellow was born and raised in New York. She attended Stony Brook University where she majored in biology. She then attended New York Chiropractic College and received her doctorate in Chiropractic in 1982. In the year 2000 Dr. Mellow received an additional bachelor’s degree in the science of nursing to become an RN. She combined Chiropractic and nursing and added being a doula to assist midwives in successful home births. The future mom’s got adjusted throughout pregnancy to keep the hips in alignment and have an easier birth process. The babies were delivered at home by the midwife with Dr. Mellow’s assistance. She states “This was my way of promoting peace on earth by bringing babies into the world by mom’s who are comfortable, have no fear of the process and babies who come into the world in a low stress and highly relaxed atmosphere.” For the past 31 year Dr. Mellow has been in active Chiropractic practice in Florida. She has been a lecturer on health and wellness, an expert medical adviser for the division of worker’s compensation, a testifying and treating physician for car accident injuries and an independent medical examiner for insurance companies. Part of her service is she also trained many new graduate Chiropractors in the art of the technique of Chiropractic adjusting. Most of her career she has been a treating physician to achieve and maintain wellness. She is now a resident of Cary, North Carolina and has joined the Joint to continue helping patients achieve health. Health has five factors. They are rest, exercise, proper nutrition, proper mental attitude and 100% nerve flow. The Chiropractic part is 100% nerve flow which is a spine free of nerve impingement. Regular Chiropractic adjustments is how the body heals itself, wards off germs, controls stress, decreases pain and decreases acute and chronic illness and becomes well. Health comes from within when the body is free of nerve interference.
Dr. George Tyler
My chiropractor stopped the pain!
Growing up I had a condition of the knees called Osgood- Schlatter Disease. It is one of the most common causes of knee pain in children. I was active in sports, but the pain in my knees frustrated me and limited my participation. My parents took me to their medical doctors but none were able to stop the pain. Then my father took me to a chiropractor. After only a few adjustments, to my back and knees, the pain began to go away. I was both thankful and amazed. I can tell you from my experience both as a patient and a doctor… chiropractic works and it works well!
My chiropractic journey
That was my introduction to chiropractic and I knew then what I wanted to do with my life. After receiving my Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology from N.C. State University, I went on to earn my Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Life University in Atlanta . I choose to attend Life University because of the strong subluxation-based philosophy. The curriculum at Life University consisted of 2,887 hours of classroom study and 1,598 hours of clinical studies, including kinesiology, toxicology and spinal adjusting. So, while my education sharpened my expertise, my philosophy drives my passion.
In practice, I utilize a wide range of chiropractic techniques, muscular therapies and therapeutic exercise specifically tailored for each patient. This provides an integrated chiropractic approach to conservative care. My practice focuses on the entire family and offers the highest quality of chiropractic care to both children and adults. I find that holistic, conservative care is an extremely effective treatment for a wide variety of conditions. I am an excellent clinician, and a good listener. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person and discuss your specific health challenges.
On a personal note
I am blessed to have a lovely wife, Joselyn and three children, Jillian, George Jr. and Vanessa. When I am not spending time with my family, I enjoy listening to jazz, playing the saxophone and I am an avid football fan.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Raleigh chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- September 2, 2015Dominic JohnWe live in the technological age. Everywhere we look, everywhere we go, practically everything we do, is controlled by, or surrounded by modern technology. Even our cars have gadgets and add-ons that center around technology; from voice command to self parking, the age we live in is forever changing, and it’s all due to the ...
- July 24, 2015Dominic JohnIf you’ve ever traveled anywhere, especially during the warmer and busier summer months, then you’ll know all too well, the familiarity of those nagging aches and pains that can accompany you as you go. No matter if you’re on a two hour car ride, traversing the freeway, or you’re on a transatlantic flight for over ...
- June 30, 2015Dominic JohnWe live in what can potentially be described as the busiest, and most fast paced environment known to man. The United States has a get up and go attitude and feel about it, no matter where in the country you are. This is most likely the biggest reason that stress is a large contributing factor ...
- May 22, 2015Dominic JohnLiving in sunnySouthern California, it’s hard for me to imagine a frigid winter, or having to wake up 20 minutes earlier for work after a snowstorm to shovel my driveway or defrost my windshield. However, for many parts of the United States, this is a reality, and the norm. With cold weather comes the need ...
- April 21, 2015GenevieveSo…winter has finally passed (for the majority of the country), and that means nothing but brighter, sunnier, carefree days ahead. With the rise in temperature, also comes the shedding of clothing, and far more time spent soaking up the sun. However, in order to really feel “beach season” ready, a staggeringly large part of the ...
- April 21, 2015GenevieveDo you ever feel just a little bit too stressed? That is probably like asking do you ever breathe? Or, are you ever tired? The answer is most likely an astounding yes! Stress is unfortunately a part of life. It’s not a fun part, but it’s a part that seems to stick around no matter ...
- March 31, 2015GenevieveAs we fully launch into spring, and then on into summer, we see a spike in temperatures, longer, brighter days and more and more people looking to get bathing suit ready when it comes to their bodies (and minds). Now, for most of the country, exercising outside is becoming more of a realistic option. For ...
- March 13, 2015GenevieveMental health has taken a front seat in recent years. It seems that, finally, people are beginning to understand how important it is to keep your mind healthy and strong. Luckily, there are some foods that you can consume to improve the health of both your body and your mind. If you need a boost ...
Visit our location of The Joint …the chiropractic place in Raleigh, for your chance to win great prices for March Healthy Madness!February 27, 2015aprilRegister at any participating Market at Colonnade business locations below for your chance to win a prize from the March Healthy Madness drawing! The Joint-Six Forks Fleet Feet Raleigh Bella Nails Good Looks (eyewear) Winner will be drawn March 20, 2015 and notified via email